If you understand that you no longer want to use the Facebook social network or just want to forget about this resource for a while, then you can completely delete or temporarily deactivate your account. You can learn more about these two methods in this article.
Delete profile forever
This method is suitable for those who are sure that they will no longer return to this resource or want to create a new account. If you want to delete a page in this way, you can be sure that it will not be possible to restore it in any way after 14 days have passed after deactivation, therefore delete the profile in this way if you are 100% sure of your actions. All you need to do:
- Log in to the page you want to delete. Unfortunately or fortunately, deleting an account without first logging into it is impossible. Therefore, enter your login and password in the form that is on the main page of the site, and then log in. If for some reason you can’t access your page, for example, you forgot your password, then you need to restore access.
In section "Manage your account" you are taking “Deactivating or deleting an account”.
After the procedure for verifying your identity - you will need to enter the password from the page - you can deactivate your profile, and after 14 days it will be deleted permanently, without the possibility of recovery.
Facebook page deactivation
It is important to understand the differences between deactivation and deletion. If you deactivate your account, then at any time you can activate it back. When you deactivate your chronicle will not be visible to other users, however, friends can still tag you in photos, invite you to events, but you will not receive notifications about it. This method is suitable for those who temporarily want to leave the social network, while not deleting their page forever.
To deactivate your account, you need to go to "Settings". This section can be found by clicking on the down arrow next to the quick help menu.
Now go to the section "General"where you need to find the item with account deactivation.
Next, you need to go to the deactivation page, where you must specify the reason for leaving and fill out a few more points, after which you can deactivate the profile.
Remember that now at any moment you can go to your page and instantly activate it, after which it will fully function again.
Account deactivation from the Facebook mobile application
Unfortunately, you cannot permanently delete your profile from your phone, but you can deactivate it. You can do this as follows:
- On your page, click on the button in the form of three vertical dots, after which you need to go to “Quick privacy settings”.
Click "More settings", then go to "Are common".
This is all you need to know about deleting and deactivating a Facebook page. Remember one thing: if 14 days have passed since the deletion of the account, it cannot be restored in any way. Therefore, take care in advance of the safety of your important data that could be stored on Facebook.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
How to leave Facebook - delete your account
You can completely delete your Facebook account if deactivation is not enough for you. To do this, go to the account deletion page:
You will be asked to log in to Facebook (if you are not currently logged in), after which the account deletion page will open.
Facebook account deletion
You will be warned that after deleting your account, you will not be able to get any information from Facebook.com. You will not be able to restore your profile. If you finally decided to delete your page on Facebook - click the button Delete my account
A window will appear in which you need to enter the password, code from the image and click OK.
An extreme warning in English will appear that your account will be permanently deleted. The meaning of the message is that at the moment the account is deactivated, not visible on the Internet and on Facebook your friends will not find your profile. However, if you enter your account within 14 days, then it will miraculously recover!
You do not need to log into your account, do not log into other services using your Facebook account, and do not click the Share button. Then, after 14 days, your photos, comments and other information will disappear from Facebook.
How to delete a Facebook page
Delete Facebook Page - Seconds! Watch how this is done.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the page you want to delete.
- In the top menu, click on Settings.
- You will find yourself on the General tab, scroll down the page and the last but one item you will see Delete page
Click on the line Delete page and it will open:
Now, we are shown a link to a specific page. Click this link, the page will immediately disappear from the Internet, but you can still restore it within 14 days.
How to remove a page from publication
On the page that you want to remove from publication, at the top you will see Settings. Go to this section. The General tab opens, which we need!
On the General tab, at the top is the Page Status item. Click on the Edit link at this point.
The line will open and you will see that Page Status - Page has been published. Turn the switch to the position Page is removed from publication and click the Save Changes button. Everything! Your page is hidden from human eyes! More precisely, only the administrator sees her.
Temporary deactivation allows you to make an account inactive for an indefinite time. That is, using this function, in the future the user will be able to restore his page without losing the information that was posted on it.
Below is a list of changes that will occur after the deactivation of the Facebook page:
- Information in the chronicle will be hidden to other Facebook users,
- A deactivated page will not appear in the search,
- Messages that have ever been sent from your account will remain available to their recipients,
- Facebook will save all information in case the user wishes to restore his page.
How to deactivate a Facebook page?
To deactivate your account, do the following:
- Click on the triangle to the right of the Facebook search bar,
- In the menu that opens, select the "Settings" item:
- In the new window, select the "Security" item and click on the "Edit" button located in the "Deactivate Account" field. Then this field will open and the “Deactivate Account” button will appear, above which the consequences caused by this action will be described. You can familiarize yourself with them by clicking on the "Details" button:
- A new window will open in which you must enter a password to continue deactivation:
Permanently deleting a page
The rest of the article will discuss how to permanently delete a Facebook page.
But before you delete a page on Facebook, you need to know what the consequences of this decision are:
- The user forever loses the ability to restore his account,
- Messages that were sent to other users are not deleted,
- All information from the user’s page and that which is in the backups is deleted. At this time, it is already unavailable,
- Some materials may remain in the databases, but all personal identifiers will be deleted from them.
How to permanently delete a facebook page? To do this, follow these steps:
- Before removal, you need to go through authorization, that is, enter your username and password,
- Next, click on the triangle to the right, and select the “Help” item:
- In the window that opens, in the line "Search for answers to questions", you must enter "How to permanently delete the page." After that, under the line, similar queries will be displayed, the highest of which is “How to permanently delete your account? ". Click on this link:
- As a result of the previous action, in the same window information will be displayed on the question of how to completely delete the page on facebook, having familiarized with it, you need to click on the link "let us know about it", which is confirmation of the removal of the page from its owner:
- After clicking on the link, a window will open in which you must click the "Delete my account" button. Before this, Facebook reminds that the page will be deleted without the possibility of recovery:
- After clicking on the button, the “Permanently delete account” window opens, in which you need to enter a password and perform actions to confirm that the page is deleted by a real user, not a robot. For example, you need to select all images with cats. To complete the delete operation, click on the "OK" button:
Delete a page using your phone
Some users access Facebook via their phone. If a user logs into his account using a mobile browser, then the page is deleted exactly as described above. Therefore, the question "how to delete a facebook page from your phone? »Is solved in the same way as when using Facebook using a computer.
You can also delete the page using the Facebook application installed on your mobile device. To deactivate a page from your phone, do the following:
- Go to the Facebook application on the phone and click on the rightmost tab, and go to "Settings":
- Then select "Account Settings":
- In the account settings, select "Security":
- A window will open, at the bottom of which there is an “Account” item, and next to it is the “Deactivate” button. By clicking on it, you will need to choose a reason, as described previously in the article:
- As before, go to the rightmost tab, but now select the “Help” item:
- In the search bar, enter the query “How to permanently delete your account? ". After that, you need to click the "Search Help Center" button. The first link will give the necessary result, which you need to click on:
- After the transition, already familiar information will be displayed with the link necessary to delete the page:
- After clicking on the link, a window will open in which you need to enter a password to confirm account deletion:
- After that, a new window opens, in which you need to click on the "Confirm Deletion" button:
To temporarily or completely delete your account from the Facebook social network, you need to perform a number of simple steps. This can be done using both a PC and a telephone. Despite the fact that the social network uses tricks to save its users, it is still possible to delete an account.