Do-it-yourself lip balm? What for? Indeed, in the stores of this cosmetic product - as much as you want, as they say, for every taste and budget. But, believe me, in addition to saving money, I must say that home balm at a cost price is quite penny, you will certainly be inspired by the very idea. Since you can create a different tone of the product, and taste. And most importantly, the ingredients in the recipe are absolutely natural, which you will not find in purchased lipsticks during the day with fire.
1)3 tablespoons of coconut oil (either olive or shea butter will do)
2) 1 tablespoon of beeswax in granules
3) 10-15 drops of any essential oil (the most “delicious” ones are citrus fruits, vanilla, cocoa, almonds, wholesome ones are tea tree, lavender, chamomile, etc.)
4)Plastic jars with a screw cap (you can buy special tubes for home cosmetics, or you can use those that remain from the purchase)
5) Two pots (large and small) for melting ingredients
- Create a water bath. We add wax and coconut oil to a small pot, and water to a large one. Then put the small in the big. Water should reach the edges of the small containers, but not be poured into it.
- We turn on the heating of the stove and put on it the whole structure. The fire should be medium, the water should not boil. Wax and oil melt very quickly. During heating, the liquid must be constantly stirred, gradually adding essential oils. As soon as the solid ingredients have completely turned into a liquid state, turn off the stove.
- The most “dangerous” stage. Wax vodka hardens very quickly in the air, therefore, as soon as you remove the pan from the stove, the balm immediately needs to be poured into jars.
- Leave the lip product to cool for about an hour.
- We use and enjoy!
Important nuance: Granular wax is a common part of many cosmetics. Finding it is not easy, but worth it. Granules can be replaced with ordinary wax, grated on a fine grater, but such a product is difficult to store and dose.
How to make a lip tint?
To add color to your home balm at the stage of melting wax and oil, you can enter into the mixture:
- Beetroot Juice
- Cherry juice
- Blueberry juice
- Carrot juice
- Cocoa powder
- Hibiscus powder (red tone)
- Any food coloring
The color intensity depends on the amount of natural paint. For a light shade, a few drops or half a teaspoon of powder is enough. But if you want to use food coloring, then because of the high concentration of color, add no more than a pinch to the lip balm.
Beets and hibiscus have probably the highest resistance of natural dyes, so if you add these ingredients, then your handmade lip balm will turn into a fashionable tint.