In this article you will find everything about how to cook tasty and healthy olive oil with herbs, how it is useful and where it can be added to dishes.
From time immemorial, olive oil has been considered very valuable and beneficial to humans. It has many positive properties.
In those countries where it is produced, residents use it daily, which helps to maintain health, youth and beauty for many years.
One of the most important properties is lowering cholesterol.
In addition, it helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system and prevents the appearance of excess weight.
To improve taste, olive oil with herbs is often prepared.
Olive oil with herbs - properties and recipes
From this article you will learn:
There are many recipes for cooking olive oil on herbs.
If you pour it into a beautiful bottle and add natural sprigs of herbs or spices, you can get not only a wonderful addition to dishes, but also an interesting decorative element.
It can also be a wonderful original gift.
How to cook olive oil on herbs: general recommendations
First you need to find a suitable container in which the herb-infused oil will be stored.
It may be an ordinary can with a screw cap, but it does not look too elegant.
Most often, elegant bottles with a special rubberized stopper are used - it provides reliable tight closure. The container must be thoroughly washed with detergent and dried well.
Buy real organic olive oil here
The next step is the choice of filling.
- If you decide to use the herbs not in dried, but in fresh form, it is very important to dry them well after washing. Water droplets, interacting with oil, provoke the development of pathogenic bacteria.
- Usually one type of herb is used, but you can also combine them to form interesting aroma compositions.
- Before preparing the mixture, the spices are best fried slightly and crushed in a mortar.
- Care must be taken to select the freshest and highest quality ingredients to get a clean and strong aroma.
Olive oil with herbs can be different: with rosemary, thyme, garlic, mint, sage, basil, oregano.
Simple and quick garlic recipe
In the vast majority of cases, cooking with garlic takes a lot of time, and the product will be ready no earlier than two weeks later.
But there is an option to do without prolonged insistence.
To do this, you need 200 ml of oil and 6-8 cloves of garlic, previously peeled.
The process involves several steps.
- Put the ingredients in a small saucepan, put on fire and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, until the garlic begins to slightly brown.
- Turn off the heat and cool the mixture.
- Take out the garlic using a slotted spoon.
- Pour into a prepared jar or bottle.
- Store the finished product in the refrigerator for no more than a month.
Such a mixture is not only very tasty and fragrant, but also undoubtedly useful for the body.
Lemon olive oil
For this recipe, you need to take two fresh medium-sized lemons. It is desirable that their skin be as thin as possible.
They need to be cut into small slices and sprinkled with salt to stand out juice.
After twenty minutes, transfer the lemons into a half-liter jar and add oil.
The mixture should be infused for a month, then it must be filtered and poured into a clean bottle.
Oil with herbs is a great option for connoisseurs of unusual shades of taste in dishes.
To prepare it, you need to take the following ingredients:
- six leaves of sage,
- on a sprig of rosemary and thyme,
- three or four leaves of marjoram,
- some fresh or dried juniper berries,
- a pinch of black pepper and a little coarse salt.
Add spices to the prepared bottle and pour 250 ml of oil. Cork tightly and store for a month, shaking periodically.
Then strain and pour into clean containers.
Application and storage of olive oil on herbs
Depending on which components are added to the oil, it is used to prepare various dishes.
- So, lemon is best for boiled fish, mint - for fresh vegetable salads.
- Oil with Provencal herbs or spices is ideal for fried or baked meat.
- Infused with garlic is perfect for making sauces, pasta and rice, and dill for salads from fish.
How to store olive oil with herbs?
Olive oil with herbs should be stored in a dark and cool place, best in the refrigerator, no more than six months.
If fresh fruits or greens are used, then the period is reduced to one month.
Buy real organic spices for cooking butter here
Cheese in olive oil with spices
Cheese with olive oil infused with spices, amazingly combined! For its preparation usually use home-made cheese, as well as Adyghe or cheese. Feta and mozzarella are also considered suitable for pickling. Just pour the diced cheese into the butter and spices, mix and let it sit in the refrigerator for several hours. The shelf life of this dish is no more than three days in the refrigerator.
Dressings and sauces
Spiced olive oil is an excellent dressing for vegetable salads, and is suitable for flavoring vegetable and meat dishes. There are many recipes for pasta dishes, where the dressing is the same olive oil infused with herbs. Use for pickling barbecue.
As the saying goes, there would be oil, but with what to eat - there is! But do not forget that the cooked oil is not stored for a long time.
The secrets of cooking olive oil with spices
- glassware is most often used for insisting oil, clean glass bottles should be dry,
- if fresh greens are used for flavoring, it must be pre-washed well and dried thoroughly,
- they are removed from the oil with fresh herbs immediately, as soon as the oil takes on the aroma, dry herbs can be left in the oil,
- Aromatization can be accelerated if herbs are poured with warmed (but not boiling) oil,
- olive oil - better than first cold pressed, extra virgin,
- the finished flavored oil is stored in a dry, dark, cool place.
For vegetable, meat and fish dishes:
- dried or fresh crusts from one lemon and orange are mixed with oil and insisted for a month,
- 3 cloves of garlic (peeled, but not chopped), 5 peas of black pepper and a sprig of rosemary are put in a bottle with oil and insisted for 10 days, basil and marjoram can be added to the same amount of garlic instead of pepper and rosemary,
- 5 peas of black pepper and the same amount of allspice, cinnamon stick, 1 tsp anise - insist 10 days,
- one small thin-skinned lemon is cut into slices or slices, salted, then laid out in a jar and filled with oil, used for fish,
- 1 clove of garlic, 2 cloves, 0.5 tbsp fennel seeds - insist in oil for 14 days,
- for watering roasted or baked meat, use such flavored oil: add a slice of lemon peel, 10 peas of black pepper, 4 cloves, slightly ground cinnamon and bay leaf to the oil container
- without infusion: 4 large cloves of garlic are chopped with a garlic or rubbed in a mortar (if the blender takes such a small amount, you can use it), mixed with a small amount of oil and filtered through a bandage. The pressed oil is mixed with the rest of the olive oil.
Eva Kashio specifically for the site Spice Encyclopedia