Today we will talk about how to reset the Outlook settings, if something went wrong, and you need to bring it to its initial state, with a proposal to go through the setup wizard.
The first thing we need to do is run the registry as administrator, then go through the tree and delete all folders below the last specified root.
After deleting entries from the registry, it is advisable to restart the computer and start Outlook.
At startup, the Outlook Setup Wizard should launch.
Command line options for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Sometimes you need to run Outlook with some options.
Typically, most users simply click on a shortcut or start icon without realizing that Outlook can be started with certain parameters.
Such a launch may be useful in the event of (for example) any problems.
- What are the Outlook startup commands and options?
- Using a parameter once with the command
- Reusing a parameter using a shortcut
- Available options
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 is started using the outlook.exe command.
Typically, the startup path for Windows x64 (for example, for Windows 7 x64 or Windows Vista x64:
For all other 32-bit versions
A command line parameter is a slash followed by a command name and parameters.
What are commands and parameters?
Each time the Outlook program starts, the outlook.exe command is executed, although users usually don’t enter it or even see it. Certain aspects of starting a program can be changed by adding subcommands called parameters to the outlook.exe command.
The parameter follows the main command and represents a space, followed by a slash and the name of the parameter, which carry additional information about how the command is executed.
• Parameters are case insensitive, that is, / NOPREVIEW and / nopreview work the same.
• Do not forget to put a space before the parameter and all properties.
Reusing a parameter using a shortcut
First of all, check the location of the outlook.exe file on the computer. If Office Outlook 2007 was installed in the default folder, the outlook.exe file is probably located in the following path:
c: program filesmicrosoft officeoffice12outlook.exe
If this folder does not contain the outlook.exe file, search for it and, when found, write down the full path.
- Right-click the Windows desktop, select New from the context menu, and then select Shortcut.
- In the Create shortcut window, in the Specify the location of the object field, enter a quotation mark, specify the full path to the outlook.exe file and enter a closing quote or click the Browse button to search for this file. In the second case, quotation marks are substituted automatically.
- After the closing quotation mark, put a space, enter the parameter and the necessary properties. For example, you can enter the following command: "c: program filesmicrosoft officeoffice12outlook.exe" / nopreview NOTE. If the property specifies the path to a location on the computer, it should also be enclosed in double quotation marks.
- Press "Next.
- Fill in the Enter a shortcut name field and click Finish (A shortcut will be created on the desktop)
- Then, to start Office Outlook 2007 using these special settings, you just need to double-click this shortcut.
TIP. To add a shortcut created on the desktop to the Windows Start menu, right-click on it and select the Lock command in the Start menu from the context menu.
You can create several shortcuts, each of which will apply special parameters and properties to the program at startup.
How to place icons near the Start button, extensions for Firefox, reset office settings
The most complete archive of articles is available at www.bardiyan.net
The best extensions (add-ons) for Firefox
From time to time I search addons.mozilla.org for something interesting for my fire fox. Noteworthy developments come across infrequently, that's why I want to introduce you to the most necessary, in my opinion, extensions for Firefox.
- Download Manager Tweak - tunes the Firefox download manager and makes working with it more enjoyable. It has the ability to resume interrupted downloads, although it does not always work. Downloading continues (even if you close Firefox) until you specifically close the Download Manager Tweak window.
- Download Statusbar - allows you to monitor the status of the download without resorting to the services of the corresponding window (called by Ctrl + J). The status bar displays the number of downloaded data, speed and the remaining time (however, everything is configurable).
- Fasterfox - Really increases the speed of loading pages in Firefox.
- FireFTP - if you often rummage through FTP-schnikov, then this client will help to feel more comfortable with them.
- Flashblock - blocks all flash drives on pages, inserting their icon instead. If necessary, just click on the icon and the flash drive will be loaded. Supports exceptions.
- NoScript - blocks all potentially dangerous components on sites. You can include reliable resources in the white list. You can add them right in the process of surfing. It also blocks annoying flash ads. So I’m even considering abandoning Flashblock services.
- Adblock Plus - blocks ads on sites. It will be useful to those who pay for traffic and do not want to download kilograms of advertising banners, and then pay for them. It is noteworthy that in the extension, you can use special subscription sheets, which are constantly updated, allowing you to block 90% of advertising. There are both international lists and purely for the Russian-speaking segment of the network.
You will find all extensions at addons.mozilla.org, or if you select Firefox from the menu (sorry, I have English): Tools> Add-ons. And in the window that appears, click the link Get extensions. Then just use the search and you can install everything listed here.
Sometimes when viewing photos you see inverted ones, how can I automatically restore them to normal view?
What are the folders for: Windows, Documents and Settings, Program Files, Temp?
As you can guess from the name, in the folder Windows hosted operating system files. This is not the only place where you can find them, but the concentration of important files in this folder is the largest. Usually users do not need to change anything in this folder, therefore Conductor by default does not even display files from a directory Windows, wondering if you really need to climb into this folder.
In folder Documents and Settings user profiles of this computer are placed. If you look into this folder, then by the names of the subfolders (in which the profiles are stored) you can determine which users are working on this computer. Since the name of the subfolders in the directory Documents and Settings matches usernames. Program files - usually all programs are installed in this directory. When you try to enter it Conductoras with the folder Windows, is cautious and wondering if you really need to climb into this folder.
Temporary files are usually stored in folders called Temp. Usually there are at least two of them. c: Temp and c: Windows Temp and one more in each user’s profile.
Icons from running programs suddenly disappear from the notification area (near the clock) ... What should I do?
Call the police! Maybe they were stolen or taken hostage ... Although it is likely that this is the result of excessive independence of Windows XP. In order not to overload the notification area with icons, the system periodically hides the least needed from your eyes. True, here are which icons are necessary and which are not very, Windows does not always solve successfully. Fortunately, the system developers have provided for user intervention in this process.
Open Control Panel> Taskbar and Start Menu (or click on the button Start right click and select The properties) in the window that opens, click Tune, another window will appear, in which you should indicate which icons to hide and which to display constantly.
How to place icons near the start button?
You may have noticed that near the button Start many users have icons of frequently used programs. This is very convenient because less time is spent on their launch. You can easily make such a panel on your computer.
Right click on free space Taskbars, in the pop-up menu that appears, uncheck the box next to Pin taskbar. Call the context menu again, open the submenu Toolbars and check the box next to Quick start.
You can easily drag and drop icons of any programs onto the quick launch bar. By default, only three icons can be visible on the panel at a time, but if necessary, it can be expanded by “grabbing” the partition with the mouse and moving it to the right.
Where can I find a list of programs installed on my computer?
Help with this applet The installing and deleting of programms (Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs or Start> Run> appwiz.cpl) A window will appear listing the programs installed on your computer. Please note that programs are deleted through this applet: select the desired (or rather, no longer needed) program and press the button Delete.
Some users mistakenly believe that to delete a program you just need to delete its directory from the folder Program files. This is not true.
How to set up Outlook mail
There are several versions of Outlook (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and older - currently no longer relevant), some of the actions in them will differ, so see the instructions below for your version of Outlook.
The main function of Outlook is to simplify work with e-mail. So the first thing to do is to attach one or more mailboxes to the program.
There are two options to add email: automatic addition and manual. It is recommended to use the first method, since it is easier and does not require entering extra data, but if for some reason it does not suit you, you can add mail by manually configuring it: choose which servers will be sent and emails will be sent, which In this way they will be encrypted. For manual configuration, you will need the addresses of the incoming and outgoing servers of the company to which your mail belongs. These POP, SMTP and IMAP values for the most popular mails are presented in the table:
|Port / Company||Gmail||Yandex Mail||Outlook.com||Ukr.net|
|IMAP||993||993||993||993 or 143||993|
|SMTP||465||465||465||587||465 or 2525|
|imap.yandex. ru |
|Outgoing server||smtp.mail.ru||smtp.gmail.com||smtp.yandex. ru||smtp.office365.com||smtp.ukr.net|
Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
Automatically adding an account without entering detailed settings is as follows:
- Open the “File” section.
Expand the File menu
We pass to the section "Information"
Click the "Add Account" button
Select the option “Email Account”
Enter password, address and name
Click the "Next" button
Detailed configuration synchronization is performed by these actions:
- Using the quick access panel, select the “File” block.
Go to the "File" menu
We pass to the subsection "Information"
Click on the button “Add account”
Choose manual tuning
We select the IMAP and POP protocol
Fill in the cells with address, password and other data
Press the button “Other settings”
Go to the tab "Outgoing mail server"
Enable authentication using SMTP server
We tick off the option “Similar to the server for incoming mail”
Go to the tab "Advanced"
Enable SSL Encryption
Enable or disable the function “Leave copies of messages on the server”
Specify the period of saving letters
We are waiting for the verification to complete.
Confirm that mail has been added successfully
Connect to Exchange Mail
Exchange mail is a local mailbox for connecting to a specific group created by the Exchange server. Exchange accounts are typically used in organizations, companies, or among a group of individuals who set up their Exchange server. To connect to such mail and start using it, you will need the address of the Exchange server, the username on this server assigned to you, the name of the certificate, and the URL of the server. All this information can be obtained from the creator or administrator of the server.
Outlook 2010, 2007, 2016
- Expand the File tab.
Open the tab “File”
Switch to the Details tab
We use the button "Add Account"
Choose a manual way to add an account
Choose the option “Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service”
Enter the server name and your name
Going to other account settings
Go to the “Connections” tab
We activate the connection via HTTP
Click on the “Exchange Proxy Settings” button
Enter the server URL and the name of the certificate
Choosing NTLM Authentication
Click the "Next" button to complete the account addition.
Exchange account connected to Outlook
What to do if an account in Outlook does not connect
The process of adding a new account in Outlook may be interrupted for the following reasons:
- The Internet connection was broken, it is worth checking its stability.
- Restart the program, perhaps some of its functions do not work correctly, but after restarting it will start to run fully.
- The mail data was entered incorrectly. Try adding mail in automatic mode if you tried to do it manually before, or vice versa, connect it through manual mode if automatic does not work.
- The added mail is protected by two-stage protection: to enter it, you must enter the password and security code that comes to your phone. There are two ways out of this situation: disable double-checking via mail settings on the official website of the mailbox or create a unified Microsoft account to get a special password for entering applications.
Obtaining a password to enter applications
- Log in or register using your email address on the official Microsoft website (https://account.microsoft.com/account/Account?refd=www.vynesimozg.com&destrt=home-index).
Log in to the site
We pass to the section "Security and Confidentiality"
Enter your login information
Click on the button “Create a new application password”
We copy and use the password for applications
Check if it was possible to add mail with a new password
How to put or remove a profile photo in Outlook
To increase your recognition among Outlook users, you can add your photo, which will be shown to people who have received your letters:
- Open the File menu and go to the Details section.
Open the "File" section
Click on the “Change” button
Change encoding letters
The encoding of the letter depends on how it will be displayed on the screen. If you open a letter written in one encoding using a different encoding, you will see only a set of obscure characters, since the system will not be able to recognize the characters in the letter. To change the encoding of an incoming or outgoing message, follow these steps:
- Open the letter itself. In the “Move” block, click on the lowest icon.
We click on the icon in the form of a text document in the "Move" block
Expand the item “Other actions”
Choose the encoding for the letter
Offline mode allows you to work with the program without connecting to the Internet. To exit this mode in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, just go to the “Send and Receive” tab and click on the “Offline Work” icon located in the “Settings” section. If the icon has a white transparent color, this means that you are not connected to the Internet, that is, you are offline. If the icon turns color, then you will exit offline mode.
Click on the icon in the form of the globe to enable or disable the offline mode
In Outlook 2007, the mode is configured in the File menu - Offline Work. Go to this section to enable or disable this mode.
Enable or disable offline mode
Battery life will not start if you are currently performing any operation through Outlook that requires Internet access: send an email, upload a picture, etc. Disconnect from the network to freely activate the mode.
Saving and resetting Outlook settings
All changes made to Outlook are written to the Outcmd.dat file located in the folder: Main_drive: Users Account_name AppData Roaming Microsoft Outlook. To reset Outlook settings to default values, transfer this file to any other folder, after closing the program itself. When you start Outlook again, the Outcmd.dat file will not be found and will be created again, accordingly, without the settings made by the user.
To transfer or save your Outlook settings, copy this file to a safe place without deleting it from the main folder. You can transfer it to another computer to change the Outlook settings on it.
The main Outlook settings are now complete. You can add additional mail if you have one. И не забывайте отключать автономный режим, так как во время того, когда он включён, Outlook не проверяет в автоматическом режиме поступающие письма, из-за этого вы можете пропустить важные входящие сообщения.